Monday, September 27, 2010

Glass Blocks Experiment



I had a couple glass blocks just sitting around and wanted to see what I could make. So, I spent the day working on them. I used 3 colors of acrylic paint, and sat for a couple of hours turning the blocks in different directions, which blended the paints in some areas and swirled them in other areas.














I am going to let them dry for a couple of days and then try a set of lights inside to see how it looks. My hope is it will shine through the thinner layers of paint and create a soft glow. I can see these being used as accent lights or night lights. If that does not work, I will use them as bookends.

I think these will be for sale soon, so if you are interested in ordering a set, let me know. You can provide the colors you would like used and I will make them up for you.

I will post pictures of the blocks with the lights to show you how they turn out.

No comments: