Monday, October 3, 2011

Sober...




Hey there!
I know it has been awhile, but I have been in my studio creating, so there is a good excuse. But, my exciting news is that I have a piece of art going out to CA for auction. It is going out there without me, but you can't win them all!

The organization is Friendly House LA and I can't think of a better place for this piece to do some good. They have their annual awards luncheon, where Russell Brand will be honored with "Man of the Year!"
"Founded in 1951, Friendly House LA is the oldest women’s recovery living home in the US, providing a safe harbor for women suffering from the destruction of alcoholism and drug abuse, and has earned a world renowned reputation as the model for sober living."
This cause is one dear to my heart, because I have had several good friends and family members fight with addiction. Some of them won the battle and have been living in sobriety for years, while others fight daily to maintain their sobriety.

I love that this organization offers women a safe harbor, and I know it works. I am honored to donate the art, in the hopes it will be auctioned off and raise money for their continued good work. I am also pretty thrilled something I created will be in the same room as Russell Brand...

Anyway, that is the update, and now it is back to work for me.

No comments: