Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Gallup-McKinley County Schools



Hey arties!

I wanted to give you a quick update. I have contacted Mr. Ray Arsenault the Gallup-McKinley County Schools, in the hopes he can direct me about making a donation to the schools after the art sale starting July 1st at Jerry's Artarama. I will provide more information as soon as I hear back. I may split the donation with the Tuba City Unified School District, which was featured on NPR,  if I can find the contact information and find out how to make it happen.

In case you have not been following the story, because of the idiots in Washington, DC the sequester has really hit the Native American population. Here is a quote from Dr. Heather Shotten, President of the National Indian Education Association, a nonprofit organization that advocates for the education of Native American students.



"For our Native students in federally impacted schools, the effects of sequestration are devastating because these are real dollar cuts in real time from district and school budgets," NIEA President Dr. Heather Shotton said. "Since these districts are often serving our children on reservation as well as federal property that the districts cannot tax, these districts cannot simply find other sources of funding to make up for lost dollars."
I truly believe each of us can make a small, yet positive impact on others. For me, the way to do it is through my art. I am donating 100% of all profits from any art that is sold to this school system in the hopes they can use the funds for something critical they need.




I can provide 100% of their budgetary needs, but I can send them something to show I am behind them and that I hear their frustration as a fellow human being. I can extend my hand in friendship and understanding in the hopes they will not give up. The children and communities need some love right now, and there is an endless supply of it, if you can open your eyes and hearts to see it and send it.

I plan on posting something longer tomorrow, to show the art I have for sale along with the prices and ways to purchase. I set up a mobile banking option for ease of payment for those of you outside my area. If you want to discuss a piece of art, please contact me via the buttons on the right side of your screen.

Until next time, peace and well being.

CJ

No comments: