Monday, June 3, 2013

Stencil Gimp!




Hey there!

I am trying out a new program called GIMP to see if I can create some custom stencils, with the hope I can come up with a 2,3 or 4 layer stencil to use in some art.

I have these great family photos from 1798-1930 that I want to use, because I find the faces interesting. I think some of the stencils could be used in the Citra Solv art, in addition to many other things burning a hole in my brain trying to get out.

Here are a couple I am working on at the moment. The first one is my dad taken from a video of him on the show To Tell the Truth.

It is a single layer and I cut it and used it on a piece of scrap paper to see how it looks.






The next one is of his father, dating back to 1926. I am trying to get 3 layers out of it and hope to cut it out tomorrow, when I am not so tired.



I did a simple, single layer cut the other day for the art demo using a masking sheet on my Silhouette Cameo and those came out really well and people went nuts for them.



 
 

 

 Keep checking back to see how this experiment all shakes out!



 

No comments: