Thursday, June 11, 2015

Glassblowing Adventure!



Hey Art Fans!

Just landed back home from spending a few days in Newport, RI and wanted to share a great little place where you can have a fantastic experience, while you have an artistic adventure!

Thames Glass is one of those places you stumble upon and never want to leave. I could stay for hours watching the artists make amazing pieces of work out of molten glass.

Our family and a friend ventured over to give it a try during one of their "make your own" classes and the results left us happy! We were helped out by Shane, who is a talented artist and master instructor. He was able to help our soon to be 10 year old daughter make two stunning ornaments and she had a blast. She was so inspired and hooked on the process, she is asking for a glassblowing birthday party this year.




My wife also tried her hand at making an ornament and her results were pretty good also!


Finally, this one is mine. I am so thrilled with the way this turned out and want to explore the art form more and more. It is one of those things that is an easy addiction and the only limit is the depth of your pocket!

For me, I think the new thing when I travel will be finding a glass blowing shop to make and bring back a little something to remember the trip. For this one, we were close to the ocean, which is my favorite place to be, and this ornament will remind me of watching the waves break.


If you are in Newport, RI please stop by and tell them I sent you! I promise you will not be disappointed! They have items ready for purchase that will make you happy to bring home, if you don't have the desire to make your own!

Be well and happy, until next time!


No comments: